45 Words of Encouragement for Cancer Patients - Uplifting to the Soul!
- iBelieve Contributors
- 2017 Mar 21
Take courage dear friends who are facing the battle of cancer. Jesus is greater than any enemy we face in this life. We overcome because He has overcome, and our lives are hidden in Christ. May God cover you with peace. May He bring healing in the face of hard news. May He give deep, abiding joy that makes no sense to the world. May he provide comfort and care as He wraps you in His arms. Use these words to bring hope and healing, and to remind your friends and family that cancer cannot touch your soul - for it has victory through Christ Jesus.
25 heartfelt affirmations and words of encouragement for your suffering friend:
- Nothing I can say will make this better but I’m here for you always.
- I am so sorry you are going through this.
- I am praying for you every morning when I get up.
- I would like to bring your family a meal this week. Would that be okay?
- You are so brave and so strong.
- What is one specific way I can be praying for you?
- I’m sending positive thoughts your way today.
- I’d love to watch your kiddos for a night if you’d like to get some extra rest.
- I am so proud to call you my friend.
- I love you.
- I don’t know what these next few months will be like for you, but I’ll always be here for you.
- I’d love to take you out somewhere and talk about whatever you’d like! When can I come by?
- Is there a certain website or book I can read to learn more about what you’re going through?
- Can I hug you?
- God will NEVER leave you!
- You are my hero.
- You’re a warrior, and warriors don’t quit!
- Cancer is just one chapter in your life, not the whole story.
- It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.
- You’re stronger than you know, braver than you think, more loved than you can imagine.
- Your illness does not define you.
- The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
- I wish I could take all of this pain and sorrow from you, but for now I will offer my hand to hold and my shoulder to lean upon.
- Cancer may have started the fight, but you are going to finish it!
- God loves you, and so do I!
Quotes to Inspire Cancer Patients:
- “Take one day at a time. Today, after all, is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.”– Billy Graham
- “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.” – Corrie ten Boom
- “It does not matter how long you live, but how well you do it.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world.” – Billy Graham
- “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” – Mother Teresa
- “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” – Elisabeth Elliot
- Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life. - Ravi Zacharias
- Only when our greatest love is God, a love that we cannot lose even in death, can we face all things with peace. Grief was not to be eliminated but seasoned and buoyed up with love and hope.” – John Piper
- "What gives me the most hope every day is God's grace; knowing that his grace is going to give me the strength for whatever I face, knowing that nothing is a surprise to God." – Rick Warren
- “Hope is the power of being cheerful in circumstances that we know to be desperate.” – G. K. Chesterton
Inspiring Scripture for Cancer Patients:
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. – Matthew 11:28
- “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19
- Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.” - Psalm 107:19-21
- LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. – Psalm 30:2
- Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. – Isaiah 53:4-5
- Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” – Psalm 103:2-4
- He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. – Psalm 147:3
- ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” – Revelation 21:4
- “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24
Image Credit: Thinkstock.com
This article is part of our Words of Encouragement series. It is our prayer that these words will bring you blessings while you use the affirmations, quotes, and Bible verses to inspire others to life their life fully alive!
Words of Encouragement for Men
Words of Encouragement for Women
Words of Encouragement for Kids
Words of Encouragement for Friends
Words of Encouragement for Cancer Patients
Words of Encouragement for Teachers