WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not. Malachi 3:18
God tells His people that when they are in heaven, they will ‘again’ see the distinction between righteous and the wicked. “Far be it from me”, God says way back in Genesis, “that I should treat the righteous and unrighteous alike.” We expect to see such distinctions when God judges the earth and separates believers from unbelievers. But, can we tell a difference today?
After all, everyone lives with the effects of the fall. We suffer unjustly at the hands of ungodly men and women. We are vulnerable to disease. The tsunami, which devastated the other side of the world, fell on Christians and non-Christians alike. Yet, God says that we can tell the difference in how He relates to us.
- A child of God experiences peace in dark times. The unbeliever flounders without a compass.
- A child of God takes authority over the dark forces at work in his world. The unbeliever is a captive.
- A child of God is able to hear the voice of His Father, the voice that bestows favor. The unbeliever strains to find his identity.
- A child of God has roots. He has his eyes set on home and is filled with hope. The unbeliever lives with nagging uncertainty.
- A child of God knows the power of prayer to affect his life. The unbeliever is limited by his own problem solving skills.
- A child of God looks for the supernatural redemption of his pain. The unbeliever finds pain senseless.
Today, around thirty thousand subscribers are reading this devotional. I pray that each of you will pause, take time to be still, so that you can hear the voice of the Spirit deep in your soul. If so, you will be able to discern His reassurances of love, hope, and favor. Oh, for those who don’t yet know such a luxury, I pray that God will set your heart, mind, and will free to hear the Truth so that you, too, may find your home in Christ.
Thank You for taking up residence in me. There begins the distinction. Oh, how great is Your love. Amen
Copyright Christine Inc.
Find more info at: www.daughtersofpromise.org
Originally published Wednesday, 21 August 2019.