The most loving thing you will ever do for another person is to pray for them. It’s not always realistic to communicate while distanced, or you may not have the funds to send a virtual baby shower gift, but you will never lose the ability to seek the Lord. New mothers, during this time, need those who will gather around her in love, support, and prayer. Prayer will always be our most powerful weapon in every battle and a way to ensure a change. Here are a few things we can pray for the new mothers we know.
- That she would have a healthy pregnancy
- That her labor would be quick and without flaw
- That her child would be born with nothing missing or broken
- That she will walk in wisdom and not fear
- That she would hear the Lord clearly for her and her family’s health
- That worry, anxiety and depression would be far from her
- That she experiences God’s joy
- That the Lord would send friends who can be supportive and intentional about what she needs
- That she grows deeper in her faith
“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” (James 5:16)
May we all continue to love one another well and seek intentional moments of community during this time. With the Lord’s help, we will all get through this and be stronger than ever.
Photo Credit: © Kikovic