1. Father God, your Word tells us to carry each other’s burdens (Galatians 6:2), so I come to you on behalf of this hurting person. I pray that they will know your abiding presence and lean into your faithful love and compassion amid this difficulty.
2. Heavenly Father, Isaiah 53:3 reminds us that you were “a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.” You invite us to bring our hurting and grief to you, because you understand the depths of our despair. Thank you for knowing us and loving us—even to the point of death. In this present time of difficulty, may I remember your ultimate sacrifice to provide hope and life for your children.
3. “But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love” (Psalm 33:18). Father, may these words provide strength in this season of sadness. Help me remember that you are always with me, and there is hope in your unfailing love.
4. Oh, Father in Heaven, in this season of sorrow, may I commit these words to memory: “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23). Even in the heaviness of my heart, your great love protects me from being overwhelmed. Your compassions are new, and your faithfulness is great. Thank you, precious Father!
5. Lord, in these uncertain times, may I remember your faithfulness and hold firmly to the hope you provide. Your Word says, “let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful” (Hebrews 10:23). I praise you, Father, for your enduring faithfulness.
6. Heavenly Father, despite my circumstances, your Word says that you are good and that your love endures (1 Chronicles 16:34). Please flood my heart and mind with this beautiful promise. Give me the strength to lean into your ongoing hope and love.
7. Oh, precious Lord, in this season of deepest grief, how I love the promise of Psalm 91:4: “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” You are my refuge! You are my protective barrier! Thank you, dear Jesus.
8. Father God, your Word tells me not to fear, that you will strengthen and help me (Isaiah 41:10). Oh, how I need your strength! My heart is breaking, and my soul feels so dry. I ask for courage, dear Lord, to lay my sorrows before you. Even in my pain, I praise you for the opportunity to enter your presence. Thank you, precious Father.
9. Father, your Word says that “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you” (Psalm 56:3). This season of grief feels so much like fear and my heart longs for your comfort. With the strength you provide, I will place my trust in you.
10. Precious Lord, you tell us to cast all our anxiety on you (1 Peter 5:7). My strength is weak, and my heart is heavy with pain. But Father, even in my weakness, I long to obey. I will throw my anxieties at your feet, and trust in your faithfulness and care.
Photo Credit: GettyImages/olegbreslavtsev