Jennifer Maggio is considered a leading authority on single parents and womens issues. She is an award-winning author and speaker who draws from her own experiences through abuse, homelessness, and teen pregnancy to inspire audiences everywhere. She is founder of The Life of a Single Mom Ministries and writes for dozens of publications. She has been featured with hundreds of media outlets, including The 700 Club, Daystar Television, Moody Radio, Focus on the Family, and many more. For more information, visit thelifeofasinglemom.com.
I spent many years in the mortgage industry and I thought I would give you a look at some key things you may not know about home purchases. Yes, you can buy a house. I know, it can be scary. It can be overwhelming, but let me help you with a few quick tips:
1. 100% financing is available in many areas. You do not have to save thousands and thousands of dollars. Now, in some cases, based on your credit and home location, you may have to come up with some money down, but in many cases, you there are no-upfront-cost options.
2. Mortgage payments with low interest rates (especially now) can oftentimes equal a smaller payment than rent.
3. For easy budgeting, mortgage payments need to be no more than 1/4 of your net monthly income for approval (in most cases).
4. When purchasing, combine your auto and home insurance together with the same company for best quotes.
5. Contact your local county tax assessors office in reference to property tax rates, as these vary my county and can significantly impact your house payment.
6. Many credit issues can be rectified and some mortgage companies even have a credit reparation department to help you get on the road to financial freedom.
Author/Speaker, Jennifer Maggio, spent 10 years in Corporate America doing financial counseling and become an 11-time Circle of Excellence winner. Today, she is founder of The Life of a Single Mom Ministries and Overwhelmed: The Single Moms Magazine. For more information, visit http://www.jennifermaggio.com.