- 2016 Oct 24
Do you have a journal? If you do, then I think that is GREAT! However, if you don’t have one, then I would highly suggest that you get one…TODAY! Either way, the reason being is because I want to encourage you that journaling can be very helpful when it comes down to so many things (which I’m going to talk about in just a sec). But the initial point here is that whatever’s going on in your world, guess what? You can journal it!
It’s sooooooo therapeutic! It’s actually a great way to release what’s heavily weighing on your heart and on your mind. For starters, journaling can help with dealing with stress, hurt, anger, personal issues, and drama! It’s an awesome tool that can be used to truly express how you’re actually feeling, with absolutely no judgment from anyone…because it’s personal. So relax and release whatever you’re thinking about or worrying about onto those clean white pages, my sister, and don’t forget to pray.
Philippians 4:6-7 says, “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Ah…there is nothing like His supernatural peace. It is truly indescribable.
I need to say here that while journaling is awesome, it will NEVER replace prayer or intimate conversation with God. Remember, He’s a jealous God, so don’t make it an idol (something before Him). The goal here in this post is simply to help you realize that journaling is a GREAT tool that can be quite helpful when reflecting on life, dealing with life, while also recording dreams, aspirations, hopes, and your prayers.
It can also be quite useful for jotting down Scriptures that resonate with you or a good practical nugget that you received from a mentor, conference speaker, podcast, article, or blog. I do it all the time! It’s also awesome for highlighting great moments that are happening in your life.
Personally, I LOVE journaling! It’s one of the highlights of my day! I do it with my devotion, and I have also been journaling since maybe 12 years old (thanks mom)! Another cool thing about journaling is that you can also look back to read what you’ve written months or years down the line, and see what’s changed or unfortunately, what’s still the same. Ouch!
Before closing this post, I want to share with you a few practical and creative ways to journal well. Here goes…
- Wake up early, hit the coffee pot (or tea pot), grab your journal and enjoy a quiet moment alone with God, while writing down your thoughts and insight He whispers to you for the day
- Curl up on the sofa with your journal and just write freely
- During devotion time, have your journal ready to jot down what God reveals to you through His Word
- Write out your prayers (or get a separate prayer journal). This is also great to come back to in weeks down the line to see how God has already answered some of your prayers for you and others (very encouraging!)
- Go to a nearby coffeehouse, open your journal and write. The fall is here! It’s a beautiful time to sit quietly outside and just journal.
- Journal before going to bed
- Journal when you’re upset and when no one will pick up the phone to talk to you about your problems (again…natural stress reliever…it will help keep you sane)
- Don’t forget to journal good nuggets!
I hope this week’s post has helped you in some way, my sister. Again, if you don’t have one yet, grab it…TODAY! And get a cute one! I just believe you’ll be glad you did. Happy Journaling!
Remember, Jesus is coming back soon! And those who endure unto the end shall be saved. So let’s be ready from the Inside Out!
QUESTION: Do you journal? If so, want to share any added tips on how to journal well? Go for it here!
ALSO, don’t forget to grab my NEW book, “IDENTIFIED: Knowing Who You Are in Christ & Moving Forward in Your Purpose!” ORDER IT TODAY on Amazon.com! And if you already have it and have read it, please give me a REVIEW on Amazon. Thanks so much in advance!
*EIGHT WEEK VIDEO SERIES COMING JANUARY 2017
*Tune in every Monday at 7:30am for new posts, “Like” my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/InsideOutWCourtnaye), and follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/InOutwCourtnaye. Also, share this blog with friends, family, co-workers, or your women’s group or ministry. I’d love to stay connected and help more women grow in the Lord! Thanks again and may God be with you!