Faith, Friendship, and Fellowship…Read More
- 2014 Sep 01
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a good fellowship! When I was out in the world, we just “hung out”. And don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with hanging out, as long as you’re hanging out with the right people and the right places. Amen! However, when I stepped over into the Christian arena, it turned more into fellowship. And it’s one of the things that I thoroughly enjoy! So, let me ask you a quick question. As a woman of faith, do you have any Christian friends that you fellowship with?
As you may know, we’re living in crucial times. There’s a lot happening in the world around us today. So it’s pretty vital that we surround ourselves with other believers as Jesus’ return draws closer. The Bible tells us in Hebrews 10:25, “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.” (NLT). Now this Scripture is two-fold. I believe that it’s not only talking about fellowship with Christian friends, but also about assembling ourselves together in church.
Sis, we have to keep growing in the things of God. We have to surround ourselves with other believers so we can grow in fruit (character), faith (trust), and purpose as well. And as we spend time with and around each other, we grow so much stronger spiritually. We grow in love, patience, self-control, humility, service for the kingdom, and so much more! That’s what Galations 5:22-23 and Colossians 3:23-24 is talking about.
Remember, what Proverbs 27:17 says, “As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.” (NLT) Do you get that! We sharpen each other. When you and I build wholesome friendships, we actually develop stronger character while helping one another to stand firm in faith. That’s pretty awesome! That’s why I love it so much!
So now I want to give you some practical ways of how to have a good fellowship as a woman of faith. Ready? Here goes…
- Host a party and break out the party-ware, games, with some Christian music in the background!
- Invite some girlfriends over, pop some popcorn, and have a movie night and watch a Christian film or go see a new one!
- Call your girlfriends and go out to dinner over some good wholesome conversation (*no gossip, slander, back-biting, or griping about your hubby if you’re married) Just have some good ole’ fashion fun with food & fellowship! Laugh a little or a lot!
- Go shopping and help each other pick out some cute clothes (*keep it holy!)
- Go out to lunch and exchange gifts or gift cards at the table (*Think about giving gifts that will encourage one another to keep growing in the faith. - i.e. journal, book, bookmark, gift card to a Christian bookstore or favorite store, music CD, DVD, etc.)
- Celebrate someone’s birthday creatively and show honor where honor is due! Invite others!
- Go have a cup of tea over conversation
- Attend a Women’s Bible study, conference, or worship concert together!
- Pray for and encourage one another (“Carry each other’s burdens…” – Galations 6:2 and “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as you are doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11)
Guess what? In heaven, we are going to have fellowship, so we may as well start practicing now. Because there won’t be any sinners or ungodly people in heaven. That’s a fact. The Bible says in 1 Peter 4:18, “And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?” Did you see that? Scarcely! (It’s a narrow road) And Proverbs 12:26 warns, “A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.” (NIV) Watch your friendships. Make sure they’re godly and not wicked (ungodly). Yes, we’re in the world, but we must not be conformed to it (See Romans 12:2). Our job is to be a light to them, not a counterpart.
So listen. We have to sharpen one another through God’s Word, godly character, and wholesome fellowship. With that being said, choose your friends wisely in these last days and don’t associate with rebels as Proverbs 24:21 says (NLT).
It’s time sis! So call some friends over and have a fellowship. Or choose one or more of the above suggestions. And keep in mind…don’t neglect going to church, especially as the Lord’s return gets closer and closer. Until Jesus comes, stay close to Him, stand strong in your faith without compromise, and stay close to other believers. You’ll be glad you did…in the end.
Remember that Jesus is coming soon! And those who endure unto the end shall be saved. So let’s be ready from the Inside Out.
*Note: If you don’t have any Christian friends yet, it’s okay. Pray for them and go to church. And if someone invites you to a fellowship, pray about whether you should go or not. And if all signs say, “Yes.” Then go, because you never know where that godly friend might be. *But remember this… Allow God to bring the right people into your life and in due season, you’ll have those wholesome relationships that you desire to have. In the meantime, keep the faith and live life joyfully until they come!
*Thanks for reading! I hope and pray that you’ve been enlightened from this post. Feel absolutely free to leave a comment or for questions you can email me directly at email@example.com, and I will respond promptly. Also, tune in every Monday at 7:30am for new posts! Don’t forget to “Like” my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/InsideOutWCourtnaye) and share this blog with friends, family, co-workers, or your women’s group or ministry. I’d love to stay connected and help more women grow in the Lord! Thanks again and may God be with you!