Casting Your Cares Upon the Lord
- 2017 May 22
For you to click onto this post, where are you today, sis? Are you worried about something? Are you afraid? How about sad or disappointed? Wherever you are on this topic, I don’t believe you’re reading these words by chance. God wants you to surrender all of your worries and cares to Him.
Here’s a verse that I want you to speak out loud, apply, and embrace today. Psalm 55:22 says, “Cast your cares upon the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” In other words, as hard as it may be or seem right now, cast your cares upon the Lord and stand your ground. Keep the faith no matter what and believe in His keeping and strengthening power.
Again, as hard as it may be…cast it. Give all of your cares, doubts, fears, and thoughts to Him. Release them. Don’t ponder on them. Because not only does the Lord care about everything that concerns you, He is in control. It’s not your burden to carry any longer.
It’s totally okay to put it all on His HUGE shoulders. Truth is, He can handle it way better than you can, sis. So let Him sustain you. Let Him carry you. Remember, His Word promises that He will.
I want to prep you ahead of time that this will be a loaded post full of Scriptures, because they are what will help you beyond this blog post. Yet, before I give you those powerful and comforting verses, I want to give you a little bit of practical loving guidance.
I know when life gets heavy or negative or fearful thoughts invade your mind, it’s normal to run away with your emotions for a bit. But I beckon you from one sister to another, try to rise above it. Now, don’t get me wrong. If you’re dealing with something really heavy such as loss, it is completely normal to cry, grieve, curl up in a ball for a moment, because when things like that happen, God knows exactly where you are in that moment. But I also want to encourage you to rest in the comfort of others as well as in His BIG supernatural arms. Jesus tells us in Matthew 5:4, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
Another thing that I want to add here is this; be careful not to allow the enemy, Satan to rob you of your peace and joy in any case. Remember he’s a thief. Your breakthrough will be dependent upon you resisting his notions, staying close to Jesus, knowing that the Lord is with you, and finding strength and encouragement through prayer and in God’s Word.
Now, since I mentioned God’s Word, let’s talk more about those loaded Scriptures relating to casting your cares upon the Lord regarding…
Fear - If you have negative or fearful thoughts weighing you down, speak these verses:
- Psalm 56:3, “But when I am afraid. I will put my trust in you.”
- Psalm 26:3, “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”
- Philippians 4:8, “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”
Worry - Here are a few great verses to remember and obey to experience peace of mind…
- Philippians 4:6-7, “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ.”
- Matthew 6:31-33, “Don’t worry about having enough food or drink or clothing. Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.”
Discouragement – Feeling downcast, defeated, low, sad, or discouraged, grab these nuggets…
- Psalm 43:5, “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again-my Savior and my God!”
- Joshua 1:9, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Keep in mind, courage is moving forward in faith and boldness in the face of fear. Trust that He’s with you.
Adversity – As you’re doing what God has called you to do, expect opposition and adversity…
- Nehemiah 4:14, “…Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your friends, your families, and your homes!”
- Proverbs 24:10, “If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small.” Stay strong under pressure!
If you are in any of these places or beyond, this is how you cast your cares upon the Lord, literally. It really all boils down to trust and obeying, sis. That’s where the power, peace, and deliverance are obtained. So fight to trust Him…in spite of what you’re feeling, thinking, or encountering. Isaiah 26:4 says, “Trust in the Lord always for the Lord is the eternal Rock.” He’s pretty strong and solid! But not only that, He can be trusted. ;-)
Remember, Jesus is coming back soon! And those who endure unto the end shall be saved. So let’s be ready from the Inside Out!
QUESTION: Where are you today, sis? Are you struggling with something at the moment? Need prayer? If so, comment here or you can email me directly at email@example.com. I look forward to joining you in prayer. Talk to you soon!
ALSO, just want to encourage you to grab my NEW book, “IDENTIFIED: Knowing Who You Are in Christ & Moving Forward in Your Purpose!” ORDER IT TODAY right here on Amazon.com! And if you already have it and have read it, please give me a REVIEW on Amazon.com. Thanks so much in advance.
*Tune in every Monday at 7:30am for new posts, “Like” my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/InsideOutWCourtnaye), and follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/InOutwCourtnaye. Also, share this blog with friends, family, co-workers, or your women’s group or ministry. I’d love to stay connected and help more women grow in the Lord! Thanks again and may God be with you!