How to Fold Shirts (And Other Secrets to a Happy Marriage)
- 2015 Jan 12
I believe having joyful marriages are super-important to living a peaceful and less-overwhelmed life.
So feel free to play the video in the background while you’re getting dinner ready, running errands on your lunchbreak, folding laundry, or soaking in the hot tub. (Yeah. Right. Did you just smirk? That makes two of us. But perhaps listening while putting on makeup is more realistic.)
Without further ado, here’s our fun conversation about marriage, folding shirts, team work, Chinese restaurants, and Ashleigh’s book, Team Us.
If you’re a video-skimmer (no shame in that! life is busy, mama), here’s a summary so you can jump around if you wish:
- A little about Ashleigh, her family, and how she came to write a book– 0:55
- The one thing you can do right now in your marriage to enjoy your spouse immediately– 4:44
- How folding shirts can undue your marriage–or build it up– 7:03
- Job loss, tragedy, and finances can be the biggest stressors on a marriage but they can also bring you and your spouse closer together– 9:51
- There’s no “I” in team, but what if you’re the only one working on your marriage? –16:52
- Even the best of us are overwhelmed in marriage, but here’s how to find joy in your marriage anyway– 20:19
- And we each share one thing we appreciate about our spouse (which ends up being the same quality!)– 24:00
If you want to get Ashleigh’s book, you can get it here on Amazon. Because all of us (newlyweds and those in your golden years) can learn to be better spouses.
And maybe I’ll just start folding laundry differently, too.
Here are some helpful links:
- Read Ashleigh’s blog: ashleighslater.com
- Follow Ashleigh on facebook: Ashleigh Slater, Author
- Buy Team Us on Amazon: Team Us: Marriage Together
- Subscribe to One Thing Alone’s Youtube channel: subscribe
If you’ve enjoyed this video interview, please share it with your friends and family! My goal is to help overwhelmed women find joy in Jesus, and I so appreciate your help in spreading the word!
(This post includes affiliate links, which means that a small portion of every purchase goes to support One Thing Alone at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! It really does matter.)
Get all One Thing Alone blog posts by email and a free eCourse called "Quiet Time for Busy Women" - click here.