Originally published Saturday, 08 March 2014.
I've read many books in my short 31 years! I've narrowed it down to 31 book recommendations in 3 categories: faith, life, and relationships.
Before I share this list that I worked really hard to compile, including the Amazon link to each specific book -- I wanted to share a few things with you!
1. I am no longer writing and speaking only to the 20-somethings. Just in case you hadn't noticed, I am writing for men and women of all ages on my new blog.
2. I designed a new website for ReneeFisher.com to give myself a fresh new look and feel for the new year. I also wanted to represent my One Word 365, which is explore.
3. I hope you like my new tagline: Exploring faith, life, and relationships. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, and for letting me spell things out to you more clearly! With that said, please enjoy my book recommendations! Each one of these books I have read entirely, and have changed my life for the better when I needed encouragement. Some I've ever read more than once. I hope you are encouraged.
1. If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat by John Ortberg (Must Read)
2. Secrets of the Vine by Bruck Wilkinson (Must Read)
3. Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner (Must Read)
4. When We Were On Fire by Addie Zierman
5. The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
6. Lord, Heal My Hurts by Kay Arthur
7. Streams in the Desert by L. B. Cowman & James Reimann (Devotional)
8. Experiencing God Day By Day by Henry Blackaby & Richard Blackaby (Devotional)
9. Craving Grace by Lisa Velthouse
10. He Loves Me by Wayne Jacobsen
11. Angry Conversations with God by Susan E. Isaacs
12. Walking With God by John Eldredge
13. Having a Mary Spirit by Joanna Weaver
14. Women of the Bible by Ann Spangler & Jean E. Syswerda (Devotional)
15. My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers
1. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (Must Read)
2. Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand (Must Read)
3. Captive in Iran by Maryam Rostampour & Marziyeh Amirizadeh (Must Read)
4. When God Intervenes by Dabney Hedegard
5. Me, Myself, and Bob by Phil Vischer
6. True Notebooks by Mark Salzman
7. Living Your Strengths by Albert L Winseman, D.Min., Donald O. Clifton Ph.D., and Curt Liesveld, M.Div., M.A.
8. Woman of Influence by Pam Farrel
1. When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric & Leslie Ludy (Must Read)
2. Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas (Must Read)
3. The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller with Kathy Keller (Must Read)
4. Passion & Purity by Elizabeth Elliott
5. Captivating by Stasi Eldredge
6. Do You Think I'm Beautiful? by Angela Thomas
7. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (Fiction)
8. The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman
[photo credit: See-ming Lee 李思明 SML via photopin cc]