I am God's daughter. I am the daughter of a good, good father.
What does this mean?
To my heart it means:
- God inclines his eyes to watch me.
- He enjoys me.
- He is glad he made me.
- He wants me.
- He delights in giving to me.
- He will always help me.
- He opens up his inheritance to me, gladly.
- He sees me as a reflection of him.
- He cheers me on as I go the right way.
- He seeks to grow me, so I can thrive.
- He wants me to know I am safe with him.
- He believes in me.
- He thought of me before creating me and liked his workmanship.
- He considered my abilities, strengths, character, and frame.
- He speaks over me that I am good.
- He wants to be near me.
- He loves it when I spend time with him.
- He delights over me with singing.
- He declares I am altogether beautiful, flaws and all.
- He gives grace in good measure, without casting down shame.
- He hands out wisdom and understanding with good pleasure.
- He blesses me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms.
- He freely gives the best of himself to me.
- He encourages me to unite in heart-centered relationships with other women.
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. . .” (Eph. 1:3-6)
What number from above do you need to let soak in? What truth seems a little distant from you? What do you have a hard time believing?
Ask your good Father to comfort you in that way and make known that exact nature of his good, good character. He will.
And this makes all the difference. When a daughter knows she has a good father, she finally finds peace.
Get Kelly's short daily blog post by email - click here.
Or, book Kelly to speak at your next women's event or conference.