Reasons Why Others Don't Control Your Destiny
- 2018 Feb 22
I recently noticed an increasing problem in my life. I can't stand it if people think poorly of me. If they don't email me back, I think there’s an issue. If they don't answer my call, I decide they no longer like me. If I did something in the past and asked for forgiveness, I still figure I’m on the people-we-don't-like list. The issue is not so much that I haven't forgiven them. It's that I think, “They couldn't have forgiven me.” Which lends to a problem: shame.
And when shame shows up, we can always be sure its makings are from the enemy. And when he shows up, we can know we need to fight back.
How do we fight back? We realize, on many levels, it is not man who is in charge, but God.
Here are 25 Reasons Why Others Don't Control My Destiny:
- What matters is not what man builds, but what God builds.
"Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." Ps. 127:1
- Every single battle belongs to the Lord. When He fights, He wins.
- Jesus had people against him. Guess what? He kept His eye on the mission, and as a result was still victorious.
- I may plan my way, but God ultimately directs my steps. (Prov. 16:9)
- God is actively working in others’ hearts in a way I cannot see, manage or predict.
- I think far more about how I appear and "come off" than others do. They usually are thinking far more about how they "appear" and "come off" than about me.
- What I dwell on, people tend to forget, especially if I've apologized.
- Another's silence could also mean: they are busy, out of town, struggling or forgetful.
- God is my maker: nothing can unmake His plans for me.
- If I remember who annoyed me 10 years ago, they are practically a non-issue today.
- For every desperate no-way-out problem in the bible, God drop-kicked its walls and cleared way for victory, for those who trusted Him.
- Waiting with trust is the first step to seeing a miracle.
- What I can't see being worked out, God can.
- Shame doesn't rule me. God's truth and Spirit does.
- I've been made to focus my attention on God, not on other's wavering emotions, reactions and motivations.
- God knows my heart. He stands behind and protects the hearts of the righteous.
- The Spirit in me will guide me and lead me down the best paths.
- I am not perfect, but I can trust the one who is to help me.
- Jesus' mission was never thwarted by those against Him.
- God-dropped learnings result in my growing, when I steer clear of self-condemning words.
- My path is God's, not the trampled-down wide road the herds travel. Charting a new course with God always takes determination.
- It is God's rod that comforts and protects me, not the response of man.
- I am made by God, not by other's opinions.
- I am the daughter of the Most High King. He will provide all I need (and then some).
- God is the maker of every man, not the opposite.