10 Things The Devil Doesn't Want You To Know
- 2015 Oct 08
I knew where I needed to go and I was laser-focused on my goal. I was running hard, pushing with the endurance and perseverance that God calls for, until...
...until I hit a little snag in the road. Until I started to feel like all the goodness I had been orchestrating with God was anything but that. Like the project at hand was really going to be the project that lost.
I started to say things to myself like:
I am going to fail.
No one really cares about this goal.
My progress is short-lived.
God won't help me
This is going to stink.
If I have learned one thing, over my small life-span as a Christian, it is this: When the red flags of doubt and discouragement start waving, we can be sure that we stand on the starting line of the devil. He loves to send us off on a race of futility.
Where do you stand?
Are you listening to his mumbles, messages and mixed up words of defeat
or are you listening to God's powerful words of "I am with you?"
10 Things The Devil Doesn't Want You To Know
(and what God does)
1. You must fight to win in this thing called life. Work hard and do your best and some day you may be good enough.
Truth: You already have the victory in Christ Jesus. Step out and act like you believe it.
They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb... Rev. 12:11
2. You have no identity. Find it in other things: work, men, partying, affairs, perfectionism, etc. If you can't find it, there's another way-simply, numb the feelings with suppression of feelings, food, alcohol, and drugs.
Truth: Your security in Christ's plan is more stable than the cross that Jesus died on.
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live,
but Christ who lives in me. Gal. 2:20
3. You are not forgiven. That thing will mark you forever.
Truth: The second you repent, your sins fall off of you faster than you can say "I can't forgive myself." Your sins are moved as far as the east is from the west, to the depths of the sea, where they are counted no more and where there is no charge against you.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and
to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 Jo. 1:9
4. God doesn't guide people like you. He abandons the poor and powerless on the curb of unloved.
Truth: Sinners are God's greatest calling.
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Lu. 5:32
5. It's fine if you know God's Word, but you can't know God's love. Then your heart may take flight and seek to live it in all you do. Can't have that!
Truth: There is no fear in love. Find love, find faith. Find love, find peace. Find love, find grace.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor. 13:13
6. It's all about your needs. YOLO and FOMO rule!
You only live once (YOLO) so do whatever makes you feel good, no matter the cost.
Be fearful of missing out (FOMO). Overextend yourself so you can never overjoy your heart in the overflowing peace of God.
Truth: Moving at high speeds only serves to move us away from our first love.
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. Ps. 62:5
7. Walk by feelings, not by faith. Feelings make you feel good, so why not follow their leadings?
Truth: You can sidestep discouragement and despair by walking around feelings to solely stand on the rock of God's promises. Believe only what God says about you and you will not be shaken.
The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just;
A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He. Deut. 32:4
8. Live in the past. Dwell on your pain, keep the band-aids of injured on, be angry, irritated and a hoarder of all the things and people that hurt you. Remember, so that you can live guarded, hardened and resistant to others.
Truth: Today is the only day we presently have. If we live in yesterday, we miss the gift of now, which is the only working ground for real life transformation.
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. Is. 43:18
9. Fear everything. Look at life as a catastrophe on the near verge of exploding death and to imploding your dreams. You will walk stifled and baffled at how you are getting nowhere. You will tread in the currents of failure and be no threat to me.
Truth: God is more with you than the hairs on your head.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deut. 31:6
10. God saved you for eternity, but he doesn't save on earth. God is only good for getting you through the heavenly gates, then you are stuck exposed, crazy and delusional in this dank and dark world. Good luck out there. I am coming to get you.
Truth: He will run to arm you with the protection of his love.
Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. Ps. 91:14-15
Stand bold. Stand firm. Stand on truth. God always holds all power. He loves us and is our greatest advocate.
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish
what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Gen. 50:20
Get all Purposeful Faith blog posts by email - click here.