10 Bible Verses to Keep Strong in the Lord
- 2015 Sep 11
Doubts can be giant erasers to faith. What was written on our heart seems to disappear with a small stroke of uncertainty.
Have you ever been there? I have. God just gave me a huge gift, a huge undertaking and a huge blessing; he laid it right out at my feet. It was a dream come true, a once in a blue moon kind of deal, yet the more I looked at this project, the more I started to say, "God, how are you going to do this thing? How are you going to pull it together?"
I need babysitters to accomplish it - and there are none. Finances to get some help - and there aren't extras. Time to accomplish it - and it is depleted.
I don't know about you, but sometimes, my lack of good stuff starts to make me think I lack a good God. I start to see an absent daddy.
Then, mumbling words start to flow:
Where are you God?
Do you really love me?
Are you actually going to help me?
God has better things to do than worry about me.
I better figure this out all on my own.
When we start to see all we have to do, suddenly we fear what God won't do, even though God normally says he can and will do it.
So how do we stay strong and not break to pieces beneath the smiles we have implanted on our faces? Here are 3 reminders for how we can "be strong in the Lord" and 10 Scriptures to give us hope in the waiting.
We remember the wellspring, the hub, the core - God's power to provide strength.
1. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil. 4:13
2. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Is. 40:29
3. My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. Ps. 119:28
Imagine. See. Dwell. Reside. Sit. Be. Receive.
We go back to the basics. When we love and hope, we secure our hearts in the tight wrapping of God's hands. The mark ingrained is strength.
4. Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will walk and not grow weary; they will run and not be faint. Is. 40:31
6. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 19 We love because he first loved us. 1 Jo. 4:18-19
Sitting in love means sitting in the oceans of Jesus' perfect blood covering; it washes away insecurities, inadequacies and inabilities. Because he was strong - we can be strong.
We remember our strength comes from what we are hoping for in tomorrow, not what we are working for in today.
7. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be crying any more, for the former things have passed away…. (Revelation 21:4,).
8. You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever. Ps. 16:11
9. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison 2 Cor. 4:17
When we realize today is but a blip, we remember that from Jesus' chalice we will one day sip.
As we remember Him, the glory, the power, the hope and the real purpose and the mission, we will regain our strength to stay steadfast in what he is about to do. This is how we find the ability to be strong IN the Lord.
10. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. Eph 3:20-21
God is strength.
We grow in him, by being attached to him
- then we realize we can do all things through him.
We become strong in the Lord.