Originally published Tuesday, 20 November 2018.
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE checklists! They just help me to get things done. I would gather that you like them too – otherwise I think you would’ve skipped this post. With that being said and before Thanksgiving Day hits, how about getting ready for it? I’ve provided a quick checklist to help your day spent with family and friends go well!
Here’s the Thanksgiving Checklist (oh and feel free to print this one out and circle the dash when you’ve completed it or thought it over)…
- Get to the store NOW…yes today if you can, sis! However, if you can’t get out today, try tomorrow. Just try to beat the mad rush and the bare shelves.
- Before you run off to the grocery store, create a list. You can create this list on your phone or on a piece of paper. This will help you avoid saying, “Aww! I forgot the cranberry sauce!” Trust me. It will save you time and gas. ;-)
- Traveling? If so, today or tomorrow would be a great time to start packing up the suitcases. You can never underestimate the time it takes to pack EVERYTHING that you’ll need for the trip. So, if you can start packing early, go for it, sis. And here’s another quick tip – if you need a reminder of what not to forget, write a sticky note and put it on the front door. That way, when you’re headed out, it will be staring you straight in the face to go back and grab it (if you haven’t already done so).
- Pray for the day. Pray for your trip (if you’re taking one…even if it’s right up the road). Pray that everything goes well and that you and your family members and friends will get along well and enjoy the food and fellowship together. For most people this one is a no-brainer, but let’s not forget that in some families there’s tension, dysfunction, and loss. So, if that’s the case with your family, pray ahead.
- Charge up your phone for pics and video! Thanksgiving is a great day to create new memories and capture family moments. It’s so good to not only post on your favorite social media platforms, but it’s even more fun and memorable to go back and look at them months and even years later (wouldn’t hurt to bring your wall charger with you as you visit or have one handy for others who may need a fresh charge for their phones).
- Extra cash for the “After Thanksgiving Sales – Black Friday!” I don’t know about you, but that is a shopping day for me and my family! YESSSS!!! I love a good sale! And what a great day to stroll the mall or outlet while sipping a coke and eating cookies from the American Cookie Company (or whatever treat you like as you stroll and shop). That’s my favorite! ;-)
Well, that’s my Thanksgiving Checklist for you! I pray that it helps. But most importantly, I pray that this day will be filled with a grateful heart to our gracious Father and Savior Jesus Christ! First Thessalonians 5:18 tells us, “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” So, let’s do this. Happy Thanksgiving, my sister!
Remember, Jesus is coming back soon! And those who endure unto the end shall be saved. So let’s be ready from the Inside Out!
***Upcoming NEW Training - Many of you know that I do a LIVE Facebook talk every 1st Tuesday of the month. It's actually called, "Let's Talk." It's where I give a lot of loaded biblical and practical help on various life topics for us as Christian women. So, many know my teaching style. With that being said, I am launching a FREE Ministry/Business Training entitled, "Woman of Impact: 5 Simple Steps to Growing Your Influence & Income without Going Crazy!"
No doubt, we live in a very busy culture today, but I believe that we can do what God has called us to do with grace and efficiency. So, if you are interested in blogging, speaking, writing a book, podcasting, or starting your own ministry or business, lock in Wednesday, December 5th at 8pm (CST). *Email me TODAY with the subject line: Woman of Impact at email@example.com to let me know if you're interested about this free online training and I'll send you the link to get you registered.
QUESTION: Has this checklist helped in any way? Let me know how. Also, need prayer? If so, you can email me directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org we can stand together in prayer.
Booking for 2019!
*Have a women's conference or event, let me know and let's connect on the details! For more information on booking me to speak in 2019, Click here!
*Tune in every Monday at 7:30am for new posts, “Like” my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/InsideOutWCourtnaye), and follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/InOutwCourtnaye. Also, share this blog with friends, family, co-workers, or your women’s group or ministry. I’d love to stay connected and help more women grow in the Lord! Thanks again and may God be with you!