5 Ways to Spend Time with God When Life Gets Busy
- 2016 Aug 08
Life gets busy! Trust me. I know it. As women, some of us have kids, housework, errands to run, dinner to cook, extracurricular activities to drive our kids to, ministry responsibilities, and tasks that need our immediate attention. For some, there may be schoolwork that needs to get done (college or online courses for seminary) or deadlines from work that need to be met on time. Nevertheless, in the midst of all of our busyness, guess what sis? We have got to make time to spend with our heavenly Father. He longs for us to spend time with Him…no matter how busy life gets!
Are you busy today? Meaning, do you have a lot to do? Is your To-Do-List full to capacity? Let me ask you two more questions. Do you sense that God is calling you to a deeper walk with Him? Or are things great with you? If you’ve already created balance in this area, that’s great! But if not, or if you wouldn’t mind grabbing a few extra tips, here is a helpful list of 5 Ways to Spend Time with God When Life Gets Busy…
- Create a place in your home that is nice and peaceful, where you can sit down with a hot cup of coffee or tea to pray, talk to God, journal your thoughts or fresh insight from the Lord. Make sure to have your Bible, pen, and notebook ready to gain new revelation and encouragement from His word.
- Change scenes by visiting a local coffee shop or bookstore. Bring your Bible, books, a journal, and do your devotion there! Be open to share what you’re reading with someone who may just happen to walk up to you to ask what you’re studying or reading (this is a great way to be a light in the place, too).
- Simply be still in His presence. This can take place when you first sit up in bed in the morning or at some point in your day. It’s a moment when you purposefully stop what you’re doing and take a moment to just be still in His presence. It can even happen in your parked car, before rushing out of it to start the work day or errands. Psalm 46:10 says, “Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” He owns everything…including time. So spend it with Him. Take time to breathe and sit in His presence.
- Grab a Christian film from Wal-Mart, your local Christian bookstore, the Redbox, Netflix (they have a Faith and Spirituality movie section), from your video collection at home or go to your local theater and take a load off. Get some popcorn and just relax to a great wholesome film that will pour life into you. It’s a great way to escape your world of busyness and grow in your faith at the same time.
- Take a long ride. Get away for a little while. Get away from the housework, kids, hubby, fiancé, school work, assignments, To-Do-List, and take a ride. It’s a great way to talk to God, have a good cry, and/or a moment to just break away from the normal routine and regroup. Personally, I do all of the above!
And don’t forget to rest. The Bible tells us in Galatians 6:9, “And let us not grow weary in well doing, for in due season we will reap, if we faint not.” But it also tells us that Jesus is right there willing and ready to give us a time of rest in Matthew 11:28, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” So yes, we have work to do, and we do need to do what needs to be done. Quite naturally, life does get busy. BUT Jesus comforts us by reminding and nudging us that He will give us rest. Yesssssssssssss!
There is nothing like His supernatural rest. It just feels so good. But He also gives us wisdom to know when we need to slow down enough to spend time with our heavenly Father. Think about it. Even in all the work that Jesus did when He was here on earth, He still found time to rest and spend time with His Father in prayer. He knew that He could do nothing without being connected to Him. What a great example for us. We need to spend time with our Lord, even when life gets busy.
Remember, Jesus is coming back soon! And those who endure unto the end shall be saved. So let’s be ready from the Inside Out!
QUESTION: Are you busy? How is your quiet time going with God? Could you use some help and rest in this department?
Don’t forget my NEW book is scheduled to release September 1st!!!! It’s entitled, “IDENTIFIED: Knowing Who You Are in Christ & Moving Forward in Your Purpose!” I’m pumped and I want you to GRAB it! PRE-BUY it today @ www.insideoutwithcourtnaye.org/identified! And share, share, share (tell other women too!). Thanks sis!
*Thanks for reading! I hope and pray that you’ve been enlightened from this post. Feel absolutely free to leave a comment or for questions you can email me directly at email@example.com, and I will respond promptly. Also, if this post and ministry has blessed your life, please consider making a donation of any amount today to help further the gospel here @ http://www.insideoutwithcourtnaye.org/.
*And don’t forget to tune in every Monday at 7:30am for new posts, “Like” my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/InsideOutWCourtnaye), and follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/InOutwCourtnaye. Also, share this blog with friends, family, co-workers, or your women’s group or ministry. I’d love to stay connected and help more women grow in the Lord! Thanks again and may God be with you!