Originally published Wednesday, 30 September 2015.
Many of us are dumbfounded, to say the least, after viewing any or all of the 10 videos put out by the Center for Medical Progress which exposes the money making arm of Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood and Stem Express are making money off the sale of aborted baby body parts. This news leaves many of us asking, what can we do to put an end to this barbarity? Here are 15 action steps for you to consider and take after you pray for an end to abortion, a defunding of Planned Parenthood, and a respect for life from conception to grave.
1. Give to and/ or volunteer at your local pregnancy center.
2. Call your congressman and senator to petition them to vote to defund Planned Parenthood and legislate an end to abortion.
3."Adopt" a single mom and her kids.
4.Foster a child. The difference a Christian family can make in pointing children in need to Jesus cannot be measured in this lifetime.
5.Adopt. It is a slow and painful process and you are not guaranteed your child will walk with Jesus. However, you are committed to making a disciple and ending a family cycle of drug abuse, domestic violence, and a host of other problems that plague our society.
6.Vote your moral convictions and not your pocketbook.
7. Spread the gospel and let the seeds bear the fruit that they will. We will not reap what we have not sewn.
8.Make disciples within your church who make disciples. Moms and dads change the cultural fabric of our world one child at a time. For good or for evil.
9. Volunteer with children in the foster care system, a local school, or an orphanage. Mentors change lives by the power of Jesus.
10. Give to organizations like the Center for Medical Progress who expose the truth of abortion and the sale of baby body parts for "medial research." Or, help fund a friend's adoption. Many times families who want to adopt don't because of the money.
11. Educate yourself with the facts. Read and research for the truth. You will likely not hear the facts nor the truth on the evening news or in the New York Times.
12. Do for one mom, teen, child, or orphan what you would do for all.
13. Get creative! Use your artistic abilities of paint, pen, or graphic design to get people's attention and point them towards life.
14. Include your kids in ministering to the poor, elderly, and the orphan. Developing compassionate Christ-centered lives starts early.
15. Run for office and be involved in politics. We need godly leaders in every area of local, state, and federal government.
What would you add to this list? I welcome your thoughts.