12 “Bible Verse of the Day” Resources You Need to Know
- 2015 Mar 25
As a busy woman who loves God, you look for ways to get more of His Word in your life. I know it’s not always easy (I’m in that busy season myself), but a Bible verse of the day can help you meditate on His Truth day and night, regardless of how busy your day gets.
Here are a few of my favorite places to find a daily Bible verse (this post includes my affiliate links):
Bible Verse of the Day Emails
If you check your email first thing in the morning, consider signing up for a daily Bible verse.
1. The Logos Verse of the Day delivers beautiful Scripture art right in your inbox. This is such a wonderful way to start my day meditating on God’s Word, and the pretty pictures make it easy to share with friends without sounding “preachy.”
2. Bible Gateway offers a simple approach to daily Bible verses. For those who don’t want the bells & whistles, this would be a good one to check out.
Bible Verses in Your Home
1. Decorate your home with a perpetual calendar that displays a verse for every day. I keep a Jesus Calling calendar in my bathroom to read while a brush my teeth before bed. (True story! That’s my sink in the picture below.)
2. Hang Scripture art on your walls or on a colorful clipboard. You can even get free monthly Scripture art calendars my husband designed with some of my favorite verses. (Get the March one here.)
3. Stream Bible verses to your photo frames, TV, desktop, or mobile deviceswith Bible Screen. You can save your favorite Verse of the Day art as your desktop wallpaper, toggle background music on or off, browse all archived Bible artwork, and easily share your favorites via Facebook and Twitter.
1. If you’re more of a techy person and prefer a bible verse of the day on your iPhone, check out Bible Verses and Daily Bible Verse Inspirations, iOS apps that have daily Scripture overlaid on beautiful nature photos.
2. The YouVersion Bible app also offers daily verses in the app, and you can get pinged to check the daily verse with push notifications if you’re the type of person who forgets to check the app, like me. (I do use it to read the Bible when I’m up late at night, though. Two thumbs way up for this app.)
3. The Faithlife Study Bible app also offers the Logos verse of the day in the app, so you can have the same inspiring Scripture visuals on your phone as well.
Bible Verses for Kids
1. Reading a Bible story before going to bed is a great way to leave our little ones thinking on the Word of God. You can also consider a book of Bible verses like this one that features age-appropriate Scripture for both mom and child.
2. With older children, you can also write verses on sticky notes to include in lunches. Alternatively, you can send these ready-made Scripture sticky packs to school with your kids and they can decorate their locker or encourage friends with God’s Truth, too.
3. The Bible for Kids app is a wonderful way to introduce young children to biblical truths. I downloaded the app the day it was released and my nieces couldn’t stay away. They absolutely loved the interactive adventures and beautiful animations,and I was able to share Bible verses from the stories as well.
So what do you think? Tell me in the comments below:
What resources do you use to dig into God’s Word? Do you use a Bible verse of the day app or another resource?
This post originally appeared on OneThingAlone.com.
Get all One Thing Alone blog posts by email and a free eCourse called "Quiet Time for Busy Women" - click here.