15 Scriptures to Remind You that You’re Beloved
"Beloved" means to be greatly loved. No one can love us like God. He is love. God spoke the world into existence with love. Let’s pray today for hearts open to hear and eyes open to see that His love is alive and active. His Word reminds us who we are: beloved, purposed and cherished children of the one true God.
“God is love.” (1 John 4:16 NIV)
"Beloved" means to be greatly loved. No one can love us like God. He is love. God spoke the world into existence with love. Jesus is the greatest expression of God’s love for us, so that His great love can live in us. We are His beloved children, undeserving of His love yet chosen to receive it.
When the world attempts to squeeze and isolate us, we can push back with these verses. We can remember them and transform them into an anthem in our minds. Through Christ, the power of the Holy Spirit lives in us to interpret and apply the truth. Let’s pray today for hearts open to hear and eyes open to see that His love is alive and active. His Word reminds us who we are: beloved, purposed and cherished children of the one true God.
A Prayer for Knowing that You are Beloved
As we read these verses today, we pray the Holy Spirit would help us to understand the vast love you have for us. Saturate our memories so they are impossible to forget. When we are weak, let our hearts recall your love. Thank you for your Word. It is alive and active, meeting us in our everyday lives and sustaining our spiritual growth. Your Word gets us through impossible valleys and celebrates unforgettable victories with us. In this world we will have trouble, this you promise us, but Christ overcame the world. He has defeated death. Though we will be frustrated and downtrodden on this earth, it will eventually fade away to eternity with you. We pray to be obedient with our time here on earth, Father, each day upholding the Great Commission to share the Gospel. May we run a good race and fight the good fight. We love you, Father, and are grateful for your love. Bless these truths to our hearts today.
In Jesus’ Name,
15 Scriptures to Remind You that You are Beloved
1. “God is our strength and our refuge, an ever-present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
2. “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
3. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3:22-24
4. “I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.” Jeremiah 31:3
5. “For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person – though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die – but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:6-8
6. “You are children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.” 1 Thessalonians 5:5
7. “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.” John 15:9
8. “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name. You are mine.” Isaiah 43:1b
9. “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.” Isaiah 43:2
10. “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.” 1 John 3:1
11. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
12. “The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still.” Exodus 14:14
13. “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
14. “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10b
15. “You are the God who sees me.” Genesis 16:13
Meg writes about everyday life within the love of Christ. She stepped out of her comfort zone, and her Marketing career, to obey God’s call to stay home and be “Mom” in 2011. From that step of obedience her blog, Sunny&80, was born, a way to retain the funny everyday moments of motherhood. Meg is also a freelance writer and author of “Friends with Everyone.” She loves teaching God’s Word and leading her Monday morning Bible study, being a mom, distance running and photography. Meg resides in Northern Ohio with her husband, two daughters, and Golden-Doodle … all avid Cleveland Browns fans.
Photo Credit: Unsplash/Elin Gann
Meg writes about everyday life within the love of Christ as an author, freelance writer, and blogger at Sunny&80. Her first book, “Friends with Everyone,” is available on amazon.com. She earned a Marketing/PR degree from Ashland University but stepped out of the business world to stay at home and raise her two daughters. Besides writing, she leads a Bible Study for Women and serves as a Youth Ministry leader in her community. She lives in Northern Ohio with her husband, Jim, and two daughters.