Need some Bible verses about strenght? The enemy will always lure us towards panic and worry if we focus on all that's wrong in this world. And even when we know Truth and believe that God’s in control, there can be a lot in this life we might start to feel anxious about. It can still be a daily battle in our hearts, in our minds. Because when we just keep looking all around, we will easily get defeated and lose strength.
Drained. Impatient. Or cynical.
Fear creeps in. We lose our focus because we're so distracted by all the things that can never really give us strength and hope anyway. God alone can offer us confident peace that can never be found in this life without Him. Choosing today, to set my eyes on Him. For if He made all of heaven and earth, surely He has a Sovereign, incredible plan, for you and for me. He knows our way in this journey of life, and He’s a “with us” God. These 25 Scriptures on strength will breathe life and energy into your soul when you're facing uncertain and shaky times. Memorize these Bible verses to stand strong and remind yourself that God loves you.
25 Bible Verses for Strength in Difficult Times
1. Psalm 46:1-2 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…"
2. Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
3. Isaiah 59:19 "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him."
4. Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
5. Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him…"
6. John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
7. Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
8. Deuteronomy 3:22 "Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is the one fighting for you."
9. Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper..."
10. Habakkuk 3:19 "The Sovereign Lord is my strength, he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."
11. Philippians 4:8-9 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things…and the God of peace will be with you."
13. 1 Peter 5:8-10 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
15. 1 John 4:4 "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world."
16. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
17. Numbers 6:24-26 "The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."
18. Genesis 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."
19. Psalm 29:11 "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace."
20. Ephesians 6:10-12 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
21. Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy."
22. Psalm 91:1-2 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!'"
23. Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you."
24. Romans 8:38-39 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
25. Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Choosing today to rely on His help not to "worry about anything," but instead "pray about everything." May His Spirit help us to guard our hearts and minds in Him.
A Prayer for Strength in Uncertain Times
You remind us in Your Word that we never have to give way to fear and worry in this life. The enemy would love for us to get stuck there, but you’ve given us the keys to move past his lies and step over his traps. Thank you for the powerful weapons of prayer and your word. Thank you for setting us free through Christ’s gift on the cross. Thank you for your Spirit that dwells within us even now and gives us peace. You assure us that you’re constantly with us, no matter what we face in our lives, or in this world. When all seems shaky and uncertain, we choose to look to you. We know that you alone are Sovereign and you hold all things in your hands. We trust you even when we can’t see what you’re doing. We know you will make a way for us, where there seems to be no way. We’re confident and secure in you alone, for you are our Rock and Refuge, a very present help in trouble. Help us not to be easily swayed by headline news stories or defeat and discouragement. Strengthen our spirits, from deep within, so that we can walk in your freedom, truth, and peace today. You are greater than anything we face here in this world, and we believe that no weapon formed against us will prosper. Raise up a barrier and defense around our lives dear Lord, protect us and keep us close to you.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Image Credit: Unsplash.com
Debbie McDaniel is a writer, pastor's wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets). Join her each morning on Fresh Day Ahead's Facebook page, for daily encouragement in living strong, free, hope-filled lives.
The following list provides more Bible verse resources focused on provided Scriptures that will meet you in your need. No matter the circumstance or situation, God’s Word can speak healing and encouragement into your life. Read and memorize these verses so you can remember God’s promises in the moment you need them!
The views and opinions expressed in this podcast are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of Salem Web Network and Salem Media Group.
So when sin is not being confronted, or even viewed as sin at all, it’s time to address it with the hope of gently helping to restore believers caught in its web. Here are 10 sins that often go overlooked in Christian community.
Stock Footage & Music Courtesy of Soundstripe.com Thumbnail by Getty Images