Be uplifted and find encouragement for your faith with authentic sharing of the ups and downs of life for today’s Christian female. Read personal experience of faith challenges and how your relationship with Jesus Christ makes an impact on every area of living. At iBelieve.com, we want to help you grow in your personal relationship with Christ and in your daily walk of faith
Life doesn’t always give us what we expect or even hope for. Many of us know what it’s like to be emotionally hurt by friends, family, or even a spouse. Many more know what it is like to live with a disorder, illness, or chronic pain that won’t go away. We all need healing in some way or another. A healing only God can give.
In December 2012, after countless years of health struggles, I was finally diagnosed with Lupus. Then just a couple months later, I was served with divorce papers, because of infidelity. This diagnoses explained so many of the issues I’d faced throughout my life, as well as why I physically hurt and my body was breaking down when faced with so much emotional stress.
There is no cure for Lupus and nothing takes away all of my symptoms, but I can still rely on God’s power, to not only heal my emotional pain but do the physical healing as well. These are the verses I meditate on. I hope they encourage you with whatever emotional, spiritual, or physical healing you need today.
1. “[F]or I am the Lord who heals you.” – Exodus 15:26 NLT
2. He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. – Psalm 147:2 NLT
3. “My wayward children,” says the Lord, “come back to me, and I will heal your wayward hearts.” – Jeremiah 3:22 NLT
4. O Lord, if you heal me, I will be truly healed; if you save me, I will be truly saved. My praises are for you alone! – Jeremiah 17:14 NLT
5. [H]ow God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. – Acts 10:38 NLT
6. Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” – Matthew 11:28-29 NLT
7. He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. But his wounds you are healed. – 1 Peter 2:24 NLT
8. But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. – Isaiah 53:5 NLT
9. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. – Psalm 103:2-3 NLT
10. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones. – Proverbs 3:5-8 NLT
11. But what could I say? For he himself sent this sickness. Now I will walk humbly throughout my years because of this anguish I have felt. Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live! – Isaiah 38:15-16 NLT
12. “I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the Lord. – Jeremiah 30:17 NLT
13. Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. – Psalm 6:2 NLT
14. The Lord nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health. – Psalm 41:3 NLT
15. “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his work and healed them, snatching them from the door of death. – Psalm 107:19-20 NLT
16. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick. – Matthew 14:14 NLT
17. They begged him to let the sick touch at least the fringe of his robe, and all who touched him were healed. – Matthew 14:36 NLT
18. So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak. – Mark 1:34
19. Jesus said to the woman, “You are now well because of your faith. May God give you peace! You are healed, and you will no longer be in pain.” – Mark 5:34 CEV
20. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven. – James 5:15 NLT
Special gift for iBelieve.com readers: Jen is offering FREE access to her Encouraging Printables Library, which includes printable scripture cards (in KJV, ESV, and NLT), encouraging Bible verses printable sheets, and more. An email address is required, but you may unsubscribe at anytime. Learn more and gain access, now.
Jen Grice is a Christian Divorce Mentor and Empowerment Coach, author of the book, You Can Survive Divorce: Hope, Healing, and Encouragement for Your Journey, a speaker, and a single homeschooling mom. She writes full-time at JenGrice.com and empowers women to survive and heal after their unwanted divorce on her YouTube channel as well. Jen believes that through God's healing, grace, and redemption that all Christian women can survive... and even thrive, after divorce. Navigating this foreign territory we call divorce? Feeling alone? Start here!